How to Join MoMeD
• MoMeD is open for all PhD students working within the field of "Molecular Mechanisms of Disease". There are certain obligations for both supervisor and PhD student. (Please see below).
• Before you can enroll in MoMeD, your supervisor must also join MoMeD (check if he/she is on the list below).
• You must have a co-supervisor/MoMeD advisor. The co-supervisor should be from another lab and not be directly involved in your project.
• Send in your project description to the MoMeD Coordinators
If your supervisor is not on the list
• he/she needs to sign the document "New supervisor in MoMeD" and you send it together with your project description.
The MoMeD programme offers you
• Participation in the annual MoMeD Summer School (scientific and social event, 2 days in May/June)
• Participation in the annual winter meeting (afternoon of networking and events)
• PhD courses in the field of Molecular Mechanisms of Disease throughout the year
• Career workshops throughout the year to obtain a better overview of the possible career paths
Furthermore, when you join the programme you will
Get to know your fellow young researchers, be inspired scientifically and build a strong professional network that will boost your scientific career.
Expectations of Supervisors
1. Supervise within the research areas of MoMeD
2. Participate in the Summer School usually 2 days in June
3. Take part in the biannual evaluation with the student and co-supervisor
4. Be involved in teaching and/or organization of PhD courses
5. Co-advise MoMeD students
6. Enrol students in MoMeD
7. Help find a suitable co-advisor for the students
8. Serve in MoMeD committees
Expectations of PhD students
1. Complete Scientific Project Planning and Management 1+2 (mandatory courses)
2. Submit three regular assessments and three written status reports
3. Participate in the annual MoMeD Summer School (2 days in June)
4. Conduct change of research environment (mandatory for all PhD students enrolled in Graduate school of Health and Medical Sciences)
Expectations of Co- supervisor
1. Not be directly involved in the project – this gives an outside view on the project
2. Assist the supervision of the project
3. Take part in the biannual evaluation and meeting with the student and supervisor